A former Fisherman's cottage in Copenhagen

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sometimes I come across a space which jolts me into a new way of thinking for my own house. This family home of Peter Östergaard and Åsa Olofsson and their children just North of Copenhagen is one of those. A former fisherman's cottage, it's been transformed into a beautiful, modern and light filled space with the help of Norm Archtitects. And it also harbours surprises. Take the break-away red Artemide lamp on the sitting room wall, the wooden shelf adding warmth to the kitchen and the fun, slightly messy children's room which oozes charm. I'm taking these ideas with me for my shoot on Friday, maybe I'll even jump on the bed....!












Architects: Norm Architects, Photography: Jonas Bjerre-Polsen via Lili Halo and Dwell

I think one of my favourite things about this house is the stepping stone on the doorstep which was inspired by zen architecture. Traditionally in Japanese temples, a sculptural stepping stone marks the transition between the house and garden. What a lovely idea don't you think? 

Could you live in this light filled home?

I spy: Vitra Eames occasional side table, Eames DSR Side chairs (15% off with MYSCAN). The Moser pendant light for Louis Poulsen and sofa from Swedish brand Ire

If I were to renovate here in Sweden (in my dreams) I would definitely consdier drawing on the help of Norm Architects. You can find other projects of theirs here, here and here

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Popular Posts