An artist's home in black, white and concrete

Friday, February 28, 2014

It's Friday - yay! To top of the week I'd love to share this home with you designed by Copenhagen based firm Norm Architects. The house is situated directly behind Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in Humlebaek (a must-see in Copenhagen!). The architectural work was commissioned by a local artist who was looking to turn the space into a modern home with more light so it could function both as a home and studio. The brick work and beams are original but Norm laid a new concrete floor.The monochrome palette and use of texture reminds me a lot of the Danish home from earlier in the week (do you prefer this floor or the glossier version?).







Norm Architects via Home DSGN

So now the beautiful bones are in place it's time to add the personal stamp. I'm sure it'll look truly wonderful!

I have to say, I do love Norm Architect's distinct style (see other of their homes featured here and here. They're also the architects behind Copenhagen restaurant Höst, one of my favourite places to eat out). How about you?

Since it's the weekend here's a house with a big dose of colour in the form of a relaxed family home in Ystad which never fails to put a smile on my face or if you're in the mood for something more countrystyle / rustic how about this pretty västergötland farmhouse?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and see you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Popular Posts